6 hours of ironing - mad or what?!!!!

In my bedroom I have a whole wall of wardrobes, which since my marriage broke up, all belongs to me! The space is divided up into 2 double wardrobes and one single. Up until this morning one of the double wardrobes was full from top to bottom with clothes I could no longer fit into.

Inspired by Helen who is one of the organisers of the race to size 12 for nye2009 group on the 5 stones+ board, I decided to go through all the clothes I own and sort them out by size.

Well, 6 hours after I started I have all my clothes ironed and hanging up and categorised by how near they are to fitting me. So in one double wardrobe I have all the clothes I own which fit and there are several more items than there would have been if I had done the same thing 2 weeks ago. The single wardrobe is full of clothes that should fit by the time I have lost another 10lbs and finally the other double wardrobe contains those which will fit me when I have lost another stone & a half to 2 stones.

By the end of the marathon ironing session my feet were killing me, but I'm hoping it will help keep me committed to the change in lifestyle. I have some really nice clothes I bought last time I lost weight and I really want to wear them again. Despite the fact that I have lots of clothes that fit me now, most of them have been chosen not because I really like them, but because they will do. So there are few I feel any attachment to.

Anyone know how many activity points I may have earned through the ironing? lol

posted under |

2 comments:

Sara said...

I don't know about the points, but I do know it's great to have nice clothes to look forward to!
When I get to goal, I'll have to buy a whole new wardrobe, as last time I was goal weight I was 18 and not many clothes have survived the past 12 years. The ones that have I'm not sure I want to be seen dead in, lol!
But sounds like you had a really productive afternoon, which is great :)

Jackie said...

That's about the age I was when I was last at goal too. The clothes I have are 2 sizes smaller than the ones I am wearing now. After that, it will have to be new ones - I can't wait!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Weigh Ins

Lost during 2009 - 65lbs

Weight kept off in 2009 - 50lbs

2010

By 27th April -4.5lbs

2nd January 2009

2nd January 2009
Two days before I started my diet - the cigarette isn't mine! !

Princess Alice 1/2 Marathon Walk - 5th Sept 09

Princess Alice 1/2 Marathon Walk - 5th Sept 09
Charlie, Val, Me, Natalie, Tanya, Fi, Emma

Followers


Recent Comments