Walks this week

Over the past two days I have walked over 12 miles and I have seen some really beautiful things. On Sunday at Painshill Park I saw the first spring chicks, fluffy balls of yellow and brown - not sure what variety of birds they were, but I think they were some type of geese. I was also very excited to see a beautiful pheasant, I had forgotten just how metalic looking they are. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a photo that does it justice.

Today I went to Wisley Gardens I haven't been there for years and I loved it. My favourite part of my walk was going through the woods, where all of the magnolias and camillias were in bloom. The perfume of the flowers was so wonderful and I could have spent the whole day there. I also really liked the Moore sculpture, which was placed at the top of a small hill and the shape of it suggested an archway inviting all the visitors to walk through it.

I sat for a while on a bench facing the river Wey surrounded by pine trees and listening to the sounds of the water and crickets. I love times like that spent on my own when I can just sit and contemplate my life or just immerse myself in the surroundings.

As I walked around and saw the butterflys dancing in the sunlight and looking at all of the flowers it was good to realise that spring really is here.

My day was just perfect.

See todays photos here: Wisley Gardens

posted under |

2 comments:

Hayleys journey said...

Your area sounds lovely for walks, its funny when you just go for a walk exactly what you do notice, and you really see the beauty around you!

Jackie said...

There are lots of really beautiful places around here, but because I don't drive and public transport is almost non-existent, I tend to walk in the same places. Sometimes it's easy not to look around and just concentrate on the walk itself. However, over the last couple of weeks, I have tried to enjoy my surroundings too

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Weigh Ins

Lost during 2009 - 65lbs

Weight kept off in 2009 - 50lbs

2010

By 27th April -4.5lbs

2nd January 2009

2nd January 2009
Two days before I started my diet - the cigarette isn't mine! !

Princess Alice 1/2 Marathon Walk - 5th Sept 09

Princess Alice 1/2 Marathon Walk - 5th Sept 09
Charlie, Val, Me, Natalie, Tanya, Fi, Emma

Followers


Recent Comments